Carmichael Cougars Pathfinder Club
Pathfinders welcomes all youth ages 10-15 plus teen Leader’s-in-Training to be staff to join us. We meet one or two Sabbath afternoons a month (usually the 2nd week) from 2:30-4:30pm, & one or two Mondays a month from 6:30-8:30pm.
Pathfinders offer a wide range of activities including, but not limited to:
- Camping & camping/survival skills
- Grade appropriate leadership training
- Activities promoting community pride & involvement through outreach activities such as collecting food for the disadvantaged, cleaning & maintaining city and county parks, and MANY more
- Interactive training in a variety of recreational, artistic, nature, conservation, vocational, and outreach areas, with awards (honors) given for successful completion of the interactive training modules
- Personal care and encouragement by a caring staff member! While many school classrooms have 10-30 students per teacher, Pathfinders offers AT LEAST a 1 staff member to every 5 Pathfinder ratio!
Joining our Pathfinder Club
Pathfinders is for ages 10-15 who are in the fifth (5th) grade or its equivalent through the eighth (8th) grade. 5th and 6th graders are often referred to as “Junior” pathfinders, and 7th and 8th graders are often referred to as “Teen” Pathfinders.
Click the link to join Pathfinders this year! Pathfinder Application
The Leader in Training program is sponsored by the Northern California Conference Pathfinder Organization. The Leader in Training (LIT) program works closely with the Pathfinder program and is for high school students (grades 9-12). LIT’s are young people who are committed to Jesus Christ and showing by example what it means to be a teen leader in the local Pathfinder Club.
Pathfinder Calendar of Activities
- August starts the pathfinder year and registration. Pathfinder Application
- September we sell our world famous vegetarian corn dogs. Corn Dog Order Form
- October we attend the Northern California Pathfinder Camporee.
- November is teen caving at the Lava Beds National Monument or Albion for tide pooling.
- January and February are Pinewood Derby build workshops.
- March is the Pinewood Derby held at Sacramento Adventist Academy.
- April is Bike-A-Thon and teen rock climbing in Yosemite National Park.
- May is the Northern California Conference Pathfinder Fair and Investiture.