Carmichael SDA Church started as a branch Sabbath School in 1940 at the home of Ruby McConnell. By 1949, the church broke ground for a building on Garfield Avenue. By 1959, the membership had grown to 328, well past what the Garfield building could hold. The church building committee authorized the purchase of the current property in 1962, and after three years of volunteer labor, the current church was dedicated debt free on Christmas Day, 1965, with a membership of 639.
History Mel Wade 2014-05-06T01:46:10+00:00